The Millers

Kevin, Elizabeth,Isabella and Mary Katelyn Miller are above all a Kingdom devoted family. Our family exists to glorify the Lord and advance His kingdom. We are very blessed with amazing family and friends to support us in our life.

Friday, May 11, 2007

Lots of laughs with my priss pot!

So, Bella cracks me up everyday! Last night I was putting her to bed and attempting to read her a book while she continued to attempt seat drops on the bed. After the second or so attempt, I said,"isabella, if you do not sit on your bottom I will turn out the lights and walk out of this room." She came and snuggled next to me and began in song (her fave thing to do) and said "the more we work together, together, together, the happier we'll be". SO I cracked up and she sat for maybe not even 1 minute and stood up again and I said "Isabella" and she said in her stern mommy imitation "you gonna turn out the lights and walk right out of this room". Again, I laugh. How do you discipline when they are so funny?? THis is my most difficult challenge b/c I laugh all day long!
I started thinking the other day about how I love seeing traits of myself and Kevin in her. I have to tell myself all of the time that she has some of my traits b/c I might explode hearing how much she is "just like Kevin" all of the time! But no one here knew me as a child, so I guess, she will always be a little Kevin in TX. But she is just so prissy..my trait : ) I picked her up from school this week and the teachers were laughing b/c they had made paper hats for the kids and Bella would not wear hers. SHe told Ms Lisa, "I can't wear that, it will mess up my hair". And on the kids lunch plates at school they write their names on them so they get their own lunch. Instead of hers saying "Bella" it appropriatly said "princess of the universe". At least she has made herself known : ) SO she gets the prissy from me and she is fearless like her dad! I will turn my head for one second and she has climbed up some wall onto a table or swinging from the mantle over the fireplace. Yikes! But then my heart was led to think of the traits that I see of Christ in her already. She is a Wonderful encourager. She cheers for me everytime I go to the potty and always tells me what a great job I am doing at something. She has great compassion and is so full of life. Her joy is contagious. She sings about Jesus everywhere we go and I I just love how she maybe ministering to someone in the grocery and she is not ashamed to claim His name! So now when I see traits of her, I hope she is not just like me or just like Kevin but Just like Christ!

9 Comments:

At 1:52 PM , Blogger Shelly said...

What a sweet entry! Your little princess is a joy to so many! We're big Bella fans at our house. I'm so glad she and Hayley have gotten to be in class together this year. Isn't it fun to be told what a good job you have done when you go potty? I get that at my house a lot too. :) love you guys--

 
At 2:05 PM , Blogger Whitney said...

Ok I don't know why but that last part made me tear up! You guys must be doing a great job raising her and not being quiet about who you are living for:) That is so wonderful Elizabeth. Bella the little evangelist!

 
At 2:08 PM , Blogger Whitney said...

So, you just trying to make me cry today??! Thank you so much for the sweet comment. I love you Elizabeth! And yes hopefully we WILL be distant relatives in the future! How fun! You better let me know next time you are in town. And I hope our mansions are close too!:) That's so cool to think about! Love you!

 
At 1:12 PM , Blogger chris anne said...

that is the sweetest post. please save that and print it out for her. she will love reading that one day and seeing how much her mommy loves her! you are such a great mother and role model. happy mother's day to you! i love you.

 
At 3:31 PM , Blogger Calista said...

What a sweetie! You and Kevin are very blessed to have such a wonderful daughter. Bella is one of a kind and we are also blessed to know her. She is going to be a great big sister. Love ya!!

 
At 6:11 PM , Blogger Angie said...

That was very nice. She's blessed to have a mommy who sees her in the light of Christ. Happy Mother's Day!

 
At 11:30 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love Bella...she brings joy to my day! She also cracks me up! Don't ever feel guilty about laughing at and/or with her. She'll remember that as she grows up! Being able to laugh at your little priss pot will make you even more of a "cool mom"! When I revamp Mission Control, I'll be sure to leave a candy supply for her!
Hugs - M

 
At 11:36 AM , Blogger Courtney said...

It's always a little hard to know what to do when they use your exact words and tones to call you down! What great stories about a special girl!

 
At 12:16 PM , Blogger Kim said...

Okay.... it's been over a month now! How's the summer going?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home