The Millers

Kevin, Elizabeth,Isabella and Mary Katelyn Miller are above all a Kingdom devoted family. Our family exists to glorify the Lord and advance His kingdom. We are very blessed with amazing family and friends to support us in our life.

Friday, February 08, 2008

Airport Security...love it and hate it!




I was so pumped today b/c my mom and dad are on their way to Aspen and were connecting in Dallas and had a 1 1/2 hour lay over. I was sad that Kevin and I do not get to go this year to ski with them but next year we will be SO on our game and ready to hit the slopes! So, the girls and I planned to meet them at the baggage claim beside their departing gate to Colorado so they could come out for about 45 min and we could see each other. Well, Pres Bush decided to fly into the Nashville airport this morning delaying their flight for over an hour. Did you know they shut the entire airport down when he comes to town?? I do love my President and appreciate that they try to keep everyone safe in the airports but why this time did he choose to delay their flight : ( So they did not have time to come out and of coarse security after tears and begging would not let me go behind the glass just for a hug. So, as they ran across the airport to catch their flight, me and the girls stood by the glass and waved. I will say it was the most pitiful sight for us to have hand to hand through the glass and that being as close as we could get..stupid terrorist. I miss the days where it was safe for anyone to go to the gate and greet your family and friends! So after our seconds of seeing each other across the window pane, we said our goodbyes and the girls and I strolled our way back to the car with sad little eyes.

Here is a recent pic (for you mom and dad) that I took so that you can get a better look. Bella continues to challenge me daily to be a better mom and Mary Kate has yet to sleep through the night but she is always so happy to see me so I still smile at 11, 1, 4 and 6 as we continue to have our bonding time. SHe is rolling and scooting everywhere! I can't take my eyes off of her. And Bella takes the liberty of picking her up whenever she pleases...very scary.

We are heading to TN Feb 25-Mar 2 and would love to meet up with friends! Hope to see you then! Love you all to pieces!!!

12 Comments:

At 5:51 PM , Blogger amber dayton said...

What a sad story! Airports are the worst now. Your updated pics of the girls were precious! Your discription of Mary Kate's sleep made me have a flashback of our first year with Maelyn - hang in there! And call if I can be of any help with ideas!

 
At 8:33 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

Sad to say, but Sage didn't start sleeping all the way through the night until 7 months. Quite different from Sonya who slept 14 hours at 10 weeks.
I can imagine how you felt at the airport, my parents are in Nashville as well. We will be heading there March 11!

 
At 7:49 AM , Blogger chesley said...

Your girls are precious! I think Mary Kate really looks like you and your family. That's such a sad story about the airport. I can't imagine how upset I would've been. Love reading about you guys!

Chesley (Hendrickson) Summar

 
At 10:48 AM , Blogger Amanda said...

Because you’re one of my blogging friends, I wanted to let you know about my new business. I would love for you to go visit my business blog, http://www.froggiebloggiedesigns.blogspot.com/. If you’re interested in having a blog makeover, I would love to help you out!! And even if you’re not, I would love for you to take a look!! More than anything, I need help spreading the word. If you know that one of your blogging friends is looking to make over their blog, please let them know about me!!

Thanks for being my blog friend!
Love,
Amanda (Better known to you from “Manda’s Moments.”) :o)

 
At 10:48 AM , Blogger Angie said...

The house looks great! I didn't know y'all were in the middle of a remodel.... that makes for some crazy days! The pictures of the girls are beautiful. I can just picture your 3 sad faces pressed up against the glass at the airport! And as to the sleep thing... I know Emily's only 4 weeks, but I'm up at those times too. Know that a few states over, you've got a friend sitting up with you! :)

 
At 4:17 PM , Blogger Becky said...

That is so sad!!!! I would be in absolute tears!!!! Your girls are beautiful and I'm sure Bella is just always just **reminding** you of what a fabulous mom you ALREADY are!!!! Love you!!!

 
At 12:29 PM , Blogger Shelly said...

That story made me tear up!! : ( Imagining you all looking through the glass---so sad!! I'm glad you get to see them in a couple of weeks. Love the pictures of your beautiful girls! And I LOVE your new floors---they are so pretty! Talk to you soon--

 
At 12:31 PM , Blogger Victor, Wendi, Ella and Ava said...

The girls are sooo cute!

 
At 8:20 AM , Blogger Kristen said...

I found your blog and I have one too! :)

I found it on my friend Lori's.
So fun! I will have to add you to my reading list.

You have a very cute family...So glad to get to you better. :)

 
At 10:36 AM , Blogger Kim said...

That's the most pitiful story! =( I bet it just broke your mom's heart!

 
At 11:14 PM , Blogger Kimberlie Reese Denham said...

Oh, that is terribly sad! I would have done the same. James would have definitely cried if he didn't get to hug on his Nana.
I haven't been the best blogger lately, but it is good to check in on your seet family. Mary Kate has sure grown too!

 
At 10:28 PM , Blogger Lori said...

sad, sad, sad!!! talk about bursting your bubble!!!!! : (

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home