The Millers

Kevin, Elizabeth,Isabella and Mary Katelyn Miller are above all a Kingdom devoted family. Our family exists to glorify the Lord and advance His kingdom. We are very blessed with amazing family and friends to support us in our life.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Long overdue..

Mary Kate's first day of school: )

So, I am sure that everyone has stopped checking my blog since it has been 2 1/2 months since I have posted. All I can say is, I knew it was going to rock my world when my mom left after being here for 2 weeks post Mary Kate, but little did I know the shaking that would occur. Lets just say blogging did not make the list of "survival mode". I am not going to go into much detail of the past few months, just highlights and then I am going to post pictures of different things. We spent Thanksgiving in TN with my family and had a blast. my grandfather Charlie was very sick and so I flew home early and spent 11 days there to spend special priceless time with him.

We went to Tn the week before Christmas and my papa Charlie went to be with the Lord on Dec 19. What an addition to the heavens he is! I wish you all had hours to read or listen to the marvelous things about him. He was about to be 93 and so with it! At his funeral the words repeated over and over were "honor, integrity, character, true gentleman, no one like him, the standard for all men (besides Christ of coarse)". A friend put it best, he was one that after you had been with him, you felt as if you knew the Lord better b/c he was so wonderful! I look forward to being with him and my granny in the presence and glory of the Lord one day! Thank you Father for the hope of eternity we have in you!

We returned to TX on Christmas eve and spent Christmas with the MIller family! MUch fun! We spent the night all at Kevin's parents house filled with much laughter and celebration. The girls had a blast!

Following Christmas, our house has flooded and we have been dealing with it for the past 2 weeks. Much damage and we are now getting all new floors and a few rooms of baseboards and bead boards. So, the house is in a mess and will be until we get all new installed. Thank you Lord for insurance and even though we would not have chosen to remodle at this time, we are thankful for the help in $$ from insurance companies. God is always good: )

As for the family, we are all well. Bella continues to crack us up in her vocabulary. She has a word of the day that she tries to use all day and then finally (or still working on it sometimes) gets down what it means. Our recent words have been "obvious and usually" just to give an example. It is so funny to hear the ways she uses them and then we redirect them to a correct use. She has asked several times about returning mary Kate but we continue to explain she is here to stay.

Our precious Mary Kate will be 3 months old next week! How time flies!!! She is such a joy. Is she sleeping?...not yet...but hopefully it is soon to come. She began laughing this week and her coos and goos make my night time chats with her very enjoyable. At least she is not up crying all night : ) She started school this week and goes to "nursery school" while I work. It is not so bad b/c I am just down the hall and I see her all day long.

Hope to begin keeping the blog updated from now on. We are finally beginning to get the hang of this no sleep and balancing 2. I love each of you!
This is my precious papa charlie at his 90th birthday party. (Bella was 6 mo)

8 Comments:

At 8:15 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

I'm glad to see you back in blogland! :o) It is quite an adjustment after number 2 comes along and it's SO nice when things finally start to feel normal. I just wanted to tell you that I'm really glad that you are in our group for ladies' Bible class! I always love hearing your insights and I'm looking forward to getting to know you better!

 
At 9:20 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

So happy to see your post. I know you have been busy! You are so blessed by such sweet family and I know that your grandpa longs for the day he sees you again, too! Somehow, I think he is watching over you already!
Your girls are precious - I am so happy to have them in such a special place in my life!
Hugs!

 
At 9:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to see you back and it was good to talk to you tonight. Mary Kate's first day of school outfit is WAY TOO CUTE!

Allison

 
At 10:55 AM , Blogger angela said...

Great to see you posting again! Mary Kate is so sweet! I'm LOVING her outfit, and Bella's as a baby too! Sorry to hear things have been rough lately, but it does get better, promise. There's nothing more selfless nor more rewarding than these little ones. Hang in there.

 
At 1:16 PM , Blogger Courtney said...

Glad you're back! I was thinking the other day that I felt like I hadn't seen you in months. Glad you guys had a wonderful Christmas and sorry about the flooding! I hope things continue to calm down and that you get more sleep soon. Hopefully we'll finally run into each other one of these days so I can give you a big hug!

 
At 2:30 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

Glad you are back! Looking forward to our group as well tomorrow. Took me about 12 weeks to get adjusted to 2 so you are doing fabulous!!! Can't wait to see you!

 
At 4:53 PM , Blogger Rebecca Fua said...

ebeth,

those are the sweetest pictures of charlie. you will love those forever.

love you.

 
At 10:46 PM , Blogger amber dayton said...

I'm glad that I kept checking back for new pictures! If I were a blogger when Mae was a baby, I don't think I would have had a new post for a year or so! :) I know that taking care of two on little sleep is challenging, but I know that you are an awesome mommy, and God will give you the energy you need to get through each day. Loved the precious pics!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home