The Millers

Kevin, Elizabeth,Isabella and Mary Katelyn Miller are above all a Kingdom devoted family. Our family exists to glorify the Lord and advance His kingdom. We are very blessed with amazing family and friends to support us in our life.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

A glimpse of why...


As several of you know, I have really been struggling with my precious Bella the past few months. She is one of the most strong willed kids I have ever been around. It has been very difficult, especially with a new baby, to give her the time and attention that she requires. Well, in my struggle with her from last week, I have cried out to the Lord b/c I am at my breaking point. And then He shows me why she has this bold and tenasious personality. Thursday, James came back to finish up laying the wood plank in the kitchen. We were trying to get out the door for school and as I was packing Mary Kate up, I hear Bella in her boldness ministering to James. She took her bible and opened it up to him and began, "James, do you know that the Bible is the true word of God?" He continued to work and said yes, as most people do with 3 yr olds. SHe then proceeded, "did you know that Jesus lives in my heart? He loves me so Very much!" Then she began flipping through her Bible and showing him stories of Noah and ANgels. He looked through it with her for just a bit but proceeeded on to his work. I pray she planted the great seed in him. I know that I struggle daily with directing her in the right path. I feel like all I do all day long is discipline and fight to direct her in a heart of obedience. But this moment was a small glimpse from God showing me why He gave her this strong personality. It is to minister to others and spread His word with great boldness. I continue to pray that I direct her in the way of Him and her great passion is used to His glory!

7 Comments:

At 12:58 PM , Blogger Jillina said...

I'm crying!! That is the sweetest story!

 
At 3:02 PM , Blogger Calista said...

That girl will do so much great work for God. She is very special in so many wonderful ways. You've done a great job with her.

 
At 7:20 PM , Blogger Courtney said...

I am constantly amazed at the heart of God. He hears our cries to Him and gives us just enough of a peek into the work He is doing that we have the strength to keep moving forward. How wonderful to know that His plans for Bella are so eternal and magnificent that we are incapable of grasping them right now. We are all struggling in this together. Please remember that you're not alone in your fight with a strong-willed child! You are on my heart often even though we are rarely crossing paths. I can't wait to see what God has for all of you and the wonderful, determined way Bella is going to stick to whatever job she is given! Love you!

 
At 11:00 AM , Blogger Kristen said...

What a precious little girl! That is so neat that she loves to share God with others.

 
At 11:54 AM , Blogger Angie said...

Amazing story! That brought tears to my eyes and made me kiss on Emily a little extra while she's sleeping on my shoulder. She's been FIGHTING sleep like she so often does, which wears me out. Your story reminded me that her strong 5 week personality will accomplish great things too!

 
At 10:40 PM , Blogger Abigail and Ansley said...

That is the sweetest story ever! I had chills! She is an angel!!!!!! I have to remind myself of this every day...the Lord will not give us more than we can handle. He chose YOU to be Miss Bella's Mommy and chose her for you! She is a doll!...Miss Mary Kate is a cutie too...yeah for cereal!

 
At 8:54 AM , Blogger Whitney said...

Ok I have chills and tears in my eyes! How awesome. I will be praying for your strength and God's direction with Bella. You are a wonderful mom, Liz. The most important thing is that Bella sees Jesus in her mom and you are open about your relationship with the Almighty! And that's obvious. Love you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home