The Millers

Kevin, Elizabeth,Isabella and Mary Katelyn Miller are above all a Kingdom devoted family. Our family exists to glorify the Lord and advance His kingdom. We are very blessed with amazing family and friends to support us in our life.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Reminders from Bella

So, this will be short (compared to the last) but when I have time, I like to try and record things about Isabella, or I so often forget. This morning, she came in to wake me up early as she loves to do with "here are your sunglasses (she hands me my glasses to see) and here is your rope (my robe, she does NOT like for me to be uncovered in ANY way...not even just my pjs) and told me she was ready for her glass of milk. I stumbled through as I always do. And I turned on Dora as she requested so I could get my eyes to open and begin my quiet time. She handed me my Bible and said, "will you read the Bible to me?" OF COARSE! I replied.. She so tenderly reminded me and said "it is so good for you to read your Bible, it has everything in there to help you." My heart is so full when those little teachings that I have done or she has learned at church emerge from her heart. So often I think that she is just not listening or does not understand, but oh does she ever. And does she ever bring those teachings back to me as a student of her. What a sweet blessing! I read to her about Rachel and Leah and how children are such blessings to have. I talked to her about how much of a joy she is to me and a gift that God gave to me and Kevin. And she did agree, "yes, I am a joy". Oh how I love her and thank the Lord for His blessings in children! He teaches me so much through my child and I can't wait to see how he will use 2 precious girls to continue to remind me of His mercy, grace, love and blessings.
On a totally different note, we had a potty break through this morning. I took a break yesterday and decided I was going to try again next week as she was TOTALLY not interested and squated on my leg the other day proclaiming, I DID IT...knowing that she did not and gave me a warm trickle down my leg. This morning she got up and went straight to the potty all by herself while I scrambled out of bed and then she did it on her own again and came to tell me she had. Guess I need to stop pushing and she will come around when she is ready : ) Thank you Lord for reminding me of patience and timing is not in my hands...

5 Comments:

At 10:40 AM , Blogger Whitney said...

That's awesome! The story about Bella asking you to read the Bible to her and everything she said gave me chills! I pray that God will help us raise our children like that one day:)

And yay for the potty accomplishment!!

Love you!

 
At 9:24 PM , Blogger Becky said...

So sweet... you MUST be a good mommy, because that girl has so many good things to say! And did she REALLY pee on your leg???? Oh my, I can not stop laughing.... I love you Liza!

 
At 10:07 PM , Blogger Courtney said...

Precious story. We're hoping for a potty breakthrough one of these days!

 
At 11:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Such sweet moments with a little one! Enjoy these next couple of months with her...she will be an excellent big sister!
Love you...

 
At 3:26 PM , Blogger Calista said...

Ok, so I totally cried reading about you reading the bible to Bella. You are such a great example to her and I admire you for that. That's something that I need to be held accountable for in our group. Thanks for sharing those precious moments. And congrats on potty trainning. Bella is full of surprises!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home