The Millers

Kevin, Elizabeth,Isabella and Mary Katelyn Miller are above all a Kingdom devoted family. Our family exists to glorify the Lord and advance His kingdom. We are very blessed with amazing family and friends to support us in our life.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Busy week

So since I have last written, I have much to say. All of the blogs written in my head the past 2 weeks have yet to make it to the computer..anyone relate?

So, last update I raved of the Dr that helped us out in Destin...since then, I have changed my tune quite a bit! That Monday, after I wrote my blog on Sunday, I took Bella to her normal pediatrician b/c he wanted to follow up on her since she had seen someone else, very thankful for him. He checked her out and what the Dr - who should not be in practice in Destin- called allergies, was a case of double ear infection and walking pneumonia! I knew she was not herself but thought, if the Dr says allergies, it must be. She had almost recovered by the time we returned home but still had evidence of it (so do not fear fellow moms that she has played with your children). My amazing pediatrician, Dr Tran, said it was a good thing my dad had put her on an antibiotic or it would have been bad! The Destin Dr. said she had wax build up in her tubes, Dr Tran said it was puss that was clogging them and had been there for the week and no wonder she had such a bad plane ride. The Destin Dr said, "her chest is clear". Dr Tran heard the rattling that he said was some that was left over from the week. Moral of the story, a good pediatrician is a huge blessing! and never doubt your mommy instincts : ) She is now better and on high dose of antibiotics trying to clear out her tubes. I will let you know next week about the follow up.

As for the big events in our lives, Bella started back to preschool last week. Oh what a big girl! I can't believe she will be 3 in two weeks! She LOVES school and has wonderful teachers this year. I am somewhat sad b/c they had to separate her from some of her favorite friends from last year. There were 3 of them that were trouble makers together and they had to all go their separte ways...not suprised and I do get a kick out of it. She is doing great and I adore her teachers!

She also had her debue moment as a cheerleader! Her big cousin Maylen-who she thinks hung the moon and can't get enough of- cheered with her. It was the cutest thing in the world! Those girls are so precious together! She only speaks now of going to the ballgames and needing to practice her cheerleading. She tells me she is going to her room to practice and I will peek in and she is trying to do cartwheels..so funny! I do appreciate, as a mom, the precious Jr High girls that invite her out to participate with them. It really means so much! And Uncle Daren (Kev's brother) is the coach so she can't wait to go and cheer him on too. Bella adores her family!

My dearest of girlfriends also hosted a precious shower for Miss Mary Kate (we missed you Calista!). We actually did a desert party at my house which worked out great! I did not have to transport things and it was best since we did not know if I would still be on bedrest or not. Did I mention that I have taken myself off of that? I told my Dr and she was ok with it and said at least I was honest. I am NOT good at it and admire anyone who truly does it for a long period of time. Due date is in 5 weeks but Dr Robert has said if I have not had her in 4 weeks, she is going to induce...that is SOON! So, I am busy washing all of Bella's old things and some of MK's new things to get ready. I will post nursery pics after I get everything washed and picked up from the room (lots of baby laundry sorted in there). I am growing by the day and so is MK. I have a sonogram on Tues and I will post pics if they get any good ones. They think (not for sure) she may be close to 5 lbs now and 18 inches long...I sure feel every bit of it! And have begun to recieve the "you must be due any day...really!, you have that much longer....you will never make it....is it twins? You must be miserable...etc" I actually feel great and I am ok with it being several weeks away. I am one of those that many hate, I LOVE to be pregnant! I am so sad that it is almost over even if I am a little uncomfy, it is so worth it! So, count down is on! My hands are profusly sweating as I type this in awe and nervousness : ) I am trying to soak my precious Bella up for all she is worth b/c I know I am not going to have this alone time with her as I normally have, but I thank God that He is adding another daughter into our lives so that our love can grow even greater!

I am not sleeping great, going to the bathroom like 5 times a night and MK is like clock work on when she wakes up. She is just getting me on her schedule : ) Bella has been getting up a lot too. She is ready to go about 4 am...not fun! So, we are a little tired around here but just getting ready for being a lot tired : ) Love you all! Enjoy pics from our past 2 weeks....

5 Comments:

At 11:31 AM , Blogger Angie said...

Bella looked so cute in her school pictures with her backpack! You look great!

 
At 3:51 PM , Blogger chris anne said...

can't believe that doctor. YIKES!! it does make you thankful for a doctor who knows your kid and you can trust. glad she's doing better. take care of yourself and little MK.

 
At 11:54 AM , Blogger Courtney said...

Those pictures of Bella are so cute! We loved working on your shower - it was so much fun! I can't believe you're so close and I think you look happy and absolutely beautiful! I'm so looking forward to meeting Mary Kate!

 
At 8:14 PM , Blogger Lori said...

You are making me miss being pregnant!! I am one of "those" too...I loved it! It was good to see you guys at Joe T's. Can't wait to meet miss Mary Kate!

 
At 3:22 PM , Blogger Victor, Wendi, Ella and Ava said...

I am so glad Kev sent me your blog info! Mary Kate is so cute, and I can't wait to meet her! I am so glad that yall are doing well! I just started my blog so I added yall to my page and I am going to check back all the time! Do you have the picture that you took of Bella and Ella last summer? Hope to see you soon! XOXO

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home